Test Proof and Integrity Checks are special routines in Windward System Five that analyze transaction data to pin-point errors where transactions have not posted properly i.e. where the debits don't equal the credits, ledger numbers are missing, sales were not tendered properly, data corruption, etc.
Colour Coded Errors In several Integrity Check Reports, errors that need attention, are shown in coloured highlighted cells. Different colours indicate what the problem may be, which is a help in checking and rectifying the error.
Example: In the Check Proof report, the followings colours are indications of;
See Open and Unbalanced Entries report.
Besides Test Proof and Integrity Checks there are several indicators that warn you of the existence of such errors:
1. The Proof line at the bottom of the Trial Balance Report or the Balance Sheet Report shows a number greater than zero (0).
2. If the Transactions in the Transactions portion of the Point of Sale Transaction Report are highlighted in RED.
3. The Test Proof will show book months with un-posted transactions, either unbalanced or suspended, in ORANGE and it will not try to fix them.
The List Transactions Report will also show an ORANGE line if there are un-posted transactions.
1. Run Test Proof by selecting the following menu path: General Ledger → Integrity Checks → Test Proof.
2. If you know when the first error occurred you can select the Book Month prior to the month of the error, or click [Test]. Allow the system to check and enter the Proof amount for each Book Month. Each Book Month should show a zero Proof. If all the Proofs are zero, click [Exit]. If they are not all zero go to step 3.
3. Click [Fix Proof]. If all the Proofs are zero, go to step 5. If they are not all zero go to step 4.
4. Click [Wizard Fix]. If they are not all zero go to step 5. Even if all the Proofs are zero, go to step 5.
5. Click [Check Integrity]. The Integrity Checks window opens.
6. Select the check the box next to Check All.
7. Click [Run Checks].
8. While the system analyzes the transactions you can click on the A/R Results tab to look for the first error messages that appear for any sales transactions that have errors.
9. If there are any errors highlight each one and click [Edit].
10. From the drop-down list select Edit Invoice.
11. The invoice opens to allow you to edit it. Depending on the error message indicated in the Problem column, sometimes just saving it now re posts it correctly and fixes the problem. In this example the Book Month did not match the invoice month. Changing the Book Month or the invoice date of the invoice and saving it, corrects the problem as indicated by the green check. If the problem is not corrected a RED X will appear in the left-most column.
12. Edit each invoice that appears. See Integrity Checks for more details. If there are still invoices with errors that cannot be fixed, contact Support ( 1-800-663-5750 ) for assistance.
13. Review any transaction that appears on each of the pages: A/P Results, Ledger Results, Misc.